Our mission is to Develop Biblically Grounded Followers of Christ. The way to do this is for us as a church, and as individuals, to be reading the Bible daily. In 2020-2021 we will be using the 2-volume devotional For the Love of God by DA Carson which follows the reading plan of Robert Murray M’Cheyne. M'Cheyne's plan is a one-year plan which we will be dividing into a two-year plan.
Here is an outline of the plan for 2021: Daily Reading Guide
1. Devotional/ Bible Reading Plan
Each days devotional includes 4 passages listed at the top of the page. We will only be reading the LAST 2 passages for each day (They are in italics).
For the Bible reading you can use your own Bible, or you can use the YouVersion Bible app or website (https://my.bible.com/)
Select the reading plan below. This plan follows the reading plan we will be doing.
2021 reading plan on Youversion
By Riverside Church
As you are reading, here are some questions to answers about each passage you read:
- What kind of God is God? What did I learn about God’s character and personality?
- What does God value? What was His intention?
- Where did we see Jesus in these verses?
- Who are we? Is there a command to obey? A promise to claim? Standard to live by?
- What is the personal application for our lives?